Work Location: San Jose, CA
We are looking for a general accountant who will be overseeing accounts receivables, invoicing, credit management, fixed assets management, balance sheet reconciliation, and month- and quarter-end journal entries. The accountant manages corporate bank accounts and works closely with the operations and sales teams to manage customer credit accounts.
Among other responsibilities, the successful candidate will:
- Perform daily customer payment (ACH, WIRE, Check) applications
- Download daily/monthly bank statements
- Perform manual check deposits
- Process manual invoice postings
- Track / Send / Upload invoices to customer portals
- Prepare & distribute customer Statement of Accounts (month end and ad hoc)
- Monitor customer AR balance, send weekly payment reminders, follow-up delinquent customers
- Confirm intercompany netting balances
- Create/Maintain Customer Master Data
- Management of Customer credit accounts
- Approve sales quotes for orders over the credit limit
- Generate month end reports: AR Aging, D&B Trade file, AR portion of Sales Report
- Prepare month end JEs
- Reconcile bank statements to GL account
- Attend to sales / operations team & customer inquiries.
- Business acumen and understanding of general financial and accounting rules and practices
- Experience in accounts receivables and payables
- Experience in financial account management and statement reconciliation
- Experience with SAP financial/accounting software and Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Business with concentration in accounting.